Sunday, August 8, 2010

Promises


A couple of weeks ago the kids and I were leaving the house, it had been raining but the sun was shining brightly. One of the kids said, "Mommy, look! A rainbow!" And yes, there it was a beautiful full rainbow over my house. Not the half kind that are so common but this one was a rarity. This one reached from one side of the sky to the other. I stopped and got a quick couple of pictures with my iPhone (that's why the resolution is so yucky on the photos). It was a full arc, a full beautiful rainbow. A promise. My promise. A promise straight from God himself that my family and I will be taken care of. We will be provided for. A promise that he works out all things for our good. As Christians, sometimes we think because God is on our side, our lives will be filled with rainbows and lollipops. That is so far from the truth. Actually, God promises that we will have dark times. Bad things will happen to us and hard times will fall upon us. But he promises that he will be there right beside us through it all and he will help us get through the hard times.



"The LORD will deliver them to you, and you must do to them all that I have commanded you. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:5-6


The Bible is full of God's promises. And He keeps those promises. So I will not fear and when doubt comes my way, I will pray for Peace knowing that God is my Provider. And I know, he is going to blow my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment