Monday, April 26, 2010

Toadally Yummy Tuesday

Every Tuesday I will be posting a new recipe. These recipes will be ones that I use personally so most of them will be easy, light in fat and low in points, and a family pleaser. Hope you like the first one of the series.

Chicken Tacos
(Don't quote me on this but I figured that the chicken by itself is three points per serving)
Serves 6

So this is one of my favorite recipes for three reasons in order:
1. My husband and kids LOVE it.
2. It's SUPER EASY to make.
3. It's very low in fat and I like that!

Ingredients for taco filling:
2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thigh(s)
16 oz Old El Paso Salsa Mexicana, mild
1 tsp McCormick Ground cumin
1 tsp minced garlic
1 small onion, cut into small pieces

Ingredients to complete the taco (amounts depend on how many your feeding):
flour tortillas
grated cheddar cheese
diced tomatoes
sour cream
shredded lettuce

Instructions:
Place the chicken thighs into your crockpot
Add Salsa, cumin, minced garlic, and onion.
Stir the ingredients together
Cook on low for 8 hours
Serve with flour tortillas, tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce for delicious chicken tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment