Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why isn't my &%*@ phone ringing???

It reminds me of my teenage years when I was waiting for that certain somebody to call. How I would sit with the phone right next to me and wait for it to ring. Sometimes I would hit the "on" button just to make sure the phone was working correctly and check that there was a dial tone. But what I remember most was the anxiety that came with sitting and waiting and wondering and hoping. And now, fifteen years later I am back with the phone as a continuous presence by my side doing it all over again. Only this time, I waiting for that certain school to call.

The school that asks me to come in for an interview. The school that will allow me to start the begining of my dream career. The school that will put in my pocket a paycheck.

A paycheck that will allow me to get a new car since my current car has 160,000 miles on it.

A paycheck that will help me pay off my student loans.

A paycheck that will allow my kids to get a dog to add to our family that I always promised "when Mommy graduates".

A paycheck that will allow me to be independent and to live as an adult at 30 years old and not to have to go to family for help.

A paycheck that I so desperately need that allows me to have the life I so desperately want and have worked my rear end off for for the past ten years. I paid the price, I put in the time, I dedicated myself to it, so why in the world is my &%*@ phone not ringing???

No comments:

Post a Comment