Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Plans

Sorry I didn't post a Not Me!Monday! or a Toadally Awesome Recipe on Tuesday. I am falling behind, I know. I have been so busy getting ready for my graduation party on Friday, Graduation on Saturday, and family coming into town, that I haven't had time to sit down at a computer and blog. However for my few loyal fans, I have found the time now!
So I have kind of been in a funk the past couple of days. Life is changing so much and I have so much on my mind that I am having a hard time being positive. You would think with college coming to an end and mere days away from a seven day Carribean Cruise, I would be jumping for joy but I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I am SUPER excited to be ending this chapter in my life and starting a new one, but I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed.
I have been worried about getting a job for next fall. My family is depending on me financially and I have put too much of a strain on us already. I have been praying and trying to trust and believe and put my faith in God knowing his timing is perfect, but sometimes I wonder....WHAT'S TAKING HIM SO LONG???
I know this is just a test he's given me. I need to wait and be patient and give over control to Him of my life. I know that is what He is wanting me to do. He just wants me to hand over the reins so he can take care of things. It's just so hard for me. I hate feeling out of control. I like controlling my surroundings. Not being in control makes me scared and I deal with a lot of fear when it comes to not being in control.
So for right now I am learning. I am trusting. I am believing that His timing is pure perfection and He has great things in store for me. Wonderful things beyond my wildest imagination.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment